Welcome to my website!
I am a board certified Emergency Medicine Physician. I obtained my undergraduate degree in Chemistry from the University of Chicago. I went to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco. I completed my residency in Emergency Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco in Fresno.
If you have found your way here chances are you are searching for alternatives to your current health care management. The prevailing system of health care treats the person as his or her disease and not as a person. For true healing to occur it must address the totality of our being and not merely focus on getting rid of symptoms or conditions. For most of us there is some reeducation that needs to take place. Because of the way we have been indoctrinated we must first examine our beliefs. We need to know where we are starting from. We also need to get in touch again with our bodies and to develop a different relationship with them. One that involves more honoring and respecting what they are saying to us and not just wanting to git rid of or ignore messages and signals coming from them.
After having spent over 20 years in the western medical field I have seen some of the pitfalls of a disease management system and I now take a different approach. It is about making your health journey a more conscious one and empowering you along the way. It is not necessary to choose one system over another. I blend my knowledge of western medicine with my intuitive abilities to give my clients a more holistic type of healing experience. I can walk between the worlds, help you navigate through the maze, clarify the confusion. All the while helping you to build your confidence and be more independent in your own health care.
I have a unique ability and skill set to be a conduit between the traditional western medical health care system and the alternative one. I am passionate about helping guide you to make your healing journey as easy, educational and effective as possible. There are several ways I can work with you:
My approach is a holistic one. So beginning at the beginning is key. DIET MATTERS!! The dictionary definition of medicine is a substance for treating disease; a remedy. Somewhere along the line we got away from the idea that FOOD IS MEDICINE!! We cannot ignore what we put into our bodies and expect that our bodies will be able to perform optimally. Also realizing that we are more than just physical beings means we have other aspects to us that need to be addressed. See DIET GUIDANCE
Most of us were not taught that we have an energy body. In fact it is said that everything is energy. ENERGY THERAPY works using Universal healing energy to balance all levels, clear out blockages, cleanse, revitalizing and uplift you, which helps to promote healing. Often healing takes place first within the energy/spirit body and then makes it's way to the physical. What happens is tailored to your needs and depends on how open you are to all the possibilities that are available. These healings can help you release that which no longer serves you, get centered, grounded, increase your life force and help you transform according to your own path and plans. Energy Therapy can help to alleviate physical symptoms and can compliment any allopathic or alternative treatment you are receiving.
What I Do
- I blend my extensive background in Western Medicine (over 20 years in the medical field) with alternative medicine to create a holistic approach
- Help you improve your health at a fundamental/core level
- Educate you so you understand how to maintain your health
- Empower you so you can be more proactive in your own health care and be more independent
- Support you along the way as much as you need
- Help you optimize your health to prevent disease or need for medication
- Help you work with your doctor to decrease dependence on medications and/or side effects of medications
- Help you learn an approach to eating that creates a balanced environment in your body that allows it to heal itself
- Help you navigate through all the confusing and misinformation out there about diet and nutrition
- Guide you to the best diet plan for health and healing
- Energy Therapy
What I Don't Do
- I will not provide a medical diagnosis or prescribe medication
- I can help you and facilitate change but I can't do the work for you
How You Benefit
- By having access to a western medical doctor who can evaluate what you are currently doing and assist you to move in a more holistic direction
- Guidance on how to bridge the gap between Western medicine & Alternative medicine
- Decreased dependence on medications
- Decreased side effects of medications
- Increased energy and vitality
- Less reliance on outside help
- Become more in tune with yourself and more knowledgeable of how to take care of yourself
- Optimize your innate healing ability
- Improved overall functioning
- Improved sleep
- Be more in touch with your body and its needs
- Increased feelings of wellbeing
- Felling more balanced
- Weight loss
- Learn how to create a balanced environment in your body so that it can heal itself
- Receive guidance on the best diet plan for health & healing
There is so much misinformation out there when it comes to eating telling us what we should and shouldn't eat which causes a lot of confusion. This approach helps you create a balanced environment in your body, the perfect platform so it just starts healing itself!! Our bodies are healing machines. They are experts on knowing what to fix and how to fix it. This approach can work for anyone whether disease has actually manifested itself or not.
When we are out of balance there is disharmony present which can lead to disease. Imbalances can occur on a physical (in our body), mental, emotional or spiritual level. In fact they usually start on a spiritual level and if not adequately addressed there they move to the mental level then the emotional level and finally the into the physical level. Imbalances on each level need to addressed in order for true healing to occur. Once it moves into the physical it often gets our attention because it is harder to ignore! There are several approaches to dealing with things in the body on the physical level. Lots of times traditional medicine goes about it by masking symptoms or putting a "band-aid" on things. A holistic approach goes about it by healing the root cause. Our bodies are extremely intelligent healing machines. Our job is to give them what they need to heal and they know how to do the rest. We give our bodies what they need through our diet and food supplements.
Some of you may be thinking wait a minute I eat a good diet so I am fine. Organic fresh whole non GMO food is definitely the place to start. However, there is more to consider than just that. When you eat something that you can't digest properly it causes stress in your body. Now your body has to use its resources to deal with this stress which means it has less resources available to deal with other stresses or imbalances elsewhere. Overtime these imbalances that are getting dealt with with get more and more out of balance and become noticeable as disease.
Because our soil has become so depleted even the highest quality organic food doesn't contain enough nutrients to give our bodies what they need to keep us healthy and/or heal disease. So we still need some some supplements. However, know that all supplements are not created equally and its best to use food supplements.
I also use herbs and energetic tools & techniques to give you a more holistic, integrative approach.
- In our modern day society our bodies are constantly bombarded by toxic chemicals. Even if disease has not yet manifested in your body the overwhelming potential is there because of the massive amount of stresses we are exposed to on a daily basis. Strengthening our foundation of health is our best defense.
- Our bodies are healing machines let me help you optimize yours to prevent disease.
- Laugh & Love a lot..........they are very healing
- Get healthy instead of just getting old
- All your answers are inside of you the question is are you listening